Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Congratulations are in Order

Picture of Dover International Speedway  Grandstands-September 2010

This is going to be my last blog of the season.  If any big news comes out, of course I will blog about it, but this is the “official” last one about the 2010 Season.  Before I say anything about the Champions, Rookies, or Owners, I would like to take a minute to thank you for reading my blog for the past five months.   You guys made my little blog that I started mid-season, which I figured no one would read, into a pretty successful one.  I have some readers that read every blog I post and it’s thanks to you guys that it’s gotten 1,266 reads!  Let’s hope that next year, we beat this and get 2,000 reads! I really do appreciate everyone who reads my blogs.  Thank you again.

Now, onto the main point of this blog post, congrats to everyone this season, I’m not saying just the drivers that were recognized with an award, but everyone!   I guess I will start off with the Truck Series and work my way up from there.  Austin Dillon, the 20 year old grandson of Richard Childress, had a very impressive season, seven poles, two wins, seven Top Fives and sixteen Top Tens, earning him the bragging rights of Rookie of the Year.   Truck Champion, Todd Bodine, had two poles, four wins, seventeen Top Fives, and twenty Top Tens.  Kyle Busch Motorsports won the Truck Owner’s Title.  KBM had six poles, eight wins, thirteen Top Fives and fourteen Top Tens.  Nationwide time!  Rookie of the Year honors went to Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. who finished the year off with three Top Fives and eight Top Tens.   Brad Keselowski won Roger Penske his first Nationwide title this year with five poles, six wins, twenty-six Top Fives and twenty-nine Top Tens.  Joe Gibbs Racing was crowned with the Nationwide Owner’s Title from Kyle Busch’s season.  Kyle gave JGR three poles, thirteen wins, twenty-two Top Fives, and twenty-five Top Tens.  Finally, Cup Series.  Kevin Conway was the one driver running for the Rookie of the Year, so obviously he got it.  Last, but certainly not least, Jimmie Johnson is your 2010 Cup Series Champion.  Not only did he make even more history by becoming the only driver to win five Championships in a row, he had a great season which consisted of two poles, six wins, seventeen Top Fives, and twenty three Top Tens!

I know this blog was just a bunch of statistics, but I felt like it was important to see how these drivers did all year.  Last little thing before I go, if anyone has any good ideas for a blog post, feel free to e-mail me at TheNASCARCorner@yahoo.com and I will get back to you as soon as I can, or friend us on Facebook here

Until February – Enjoy the Offseason NASCAR Enthusiasts! 



No comments:

Post a Comment