Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How I'm Going to Give Back

This blog, isn’t about a new topic on the NASCAR scene, it has to do with giving back. As you know there are some great charities out there which are run by or associated with many drivers, teams and owners.  I’ve decided that since Richard Childress Racing was responsible for the best birthday ever, (No, I’m not just saying that, I do mean EVER) I would do something to give back to them, the community, and to a charity.  Which charity? None other than the Childress Institute for Pediatric Trauma. At the Childress Institute for Pediatric Trauma, they will advance the latest research and knowledge on the treatment and care for children with traumatic injuries. 
 
Did you know that 12,388 children 18 and under die each year from trauma?  Do you know why? Since 2001, more than thirty trauma centers have closed their doors, or cut back on the services offered.  Wouldn’t you want to be able to help decrease this expanding number?  t’s possible to lower that number. I know I decided I wanted to help.  What am I going to do? Every time a RCR driver puts down the fastest qualifying lap and wins the pole or wins a race in any of the series, whether it’s Austin or Ty Dillon, Tim George, Jr., Joey Coulter, Paul Menard, Kevin Harvick, Jeff Burton, or Clint Bowyer, I’m going to donate a specific amount to the charity.  When they win a pole, I’m going to donate $2 and when they win a race, I’m going to donate $5, that way at the end of the year I will be able to donate however much I've collected throughout the year.  
 
I started this because I wanted to give back; maybe you will consider doing this too, maybe not for the Childress Institute for Pediatric Trauma, but for one of your favorite NASCAR charities.  Now you have something to think about.
 
To learn more about the Childress Institute for Pediatric Trauma, check out the website http://www.childresspediatrictrauma.org/.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment