Tuesday, April 12, 2011

NASCAR Quotes, Then and Now


Do you ever find yourself quoting a driver? Whether it’s from twenty years ago, last year, last week, or even yesterday, NASCAR quotes have become forever ingrained in our minds, either for a good, bad, or funny reason.  The most recognizable quotes are “Boogity, boogity, boogity…let’s go racing boys!” which has been made famous by Darrell Waltrip, and “Gentleman, start your engines!”

Like I said earlier, people have a tendency to remember what their favorite driver said years ago.  I bet quite a few of you could quote Dale Sr’s “You win some, you lose some, and you wreck some.”  All you Ward Burton fans, remember his “I can’t win the damn race on three wheels!” ? How about you Jimmy Horton fans? Do you remember his “When I started out on asphalt and wound up on dirt, I knew I was in trouble.” or what about “You know when the first guy to reach you after a wreck has a beer in his hand, you’re in trouble.” quotes?    Possibly my favorite quote that was submitted was by Kyle Petty, “Why did I take up racing? I was too lazy to work and too chicken to steal.”

I know almost all of the NASCAR fans reading this will recognize most, if not all, of the quotes from last year and some from this year.  Let’s see out of the following list of quotes how many you recognize!
  •  “I love love.” – David Reutimann in Denny Hamlin "Sponsafier" commercial
  •  “His wife wears the fire suit in the family and tells him what to do.  It’s probably not his fault.” – Joey Logano in reply to Kevin Harvick after wrecking him
  • “You can’t fix stupid.” – Joey Logano in reply to when Robby Gordon wrecked him
  •   “The 48 is testing my patience.” “It takes a lot to make me mad, but I’m mad right now.” – Jeff Gordon in reply to Jimmie Johnson racing him too aggressively
  •  “To almost grab a point last weekend was almost like a victory.” – Scott Speed 
  • “It’s all about the pickles.” – Kyle Busch
  •  “It’s never Junior – it’s always the crew chief.” – Kyle Busch
  •  “My name is Brad Keselowski, Driver of the Number 12 Penske Dodge, and Kyle Busch is an a**!!” –Brad Keselowski in reply to when Kyle Busch spun him out at Bristol and cost him the win
  •  “He ain’t gunna kill my boy!” – Bob Keselowski in reply to Carl Edwards sending Brad Keselowki's car flipping in the air
  •  “These guys are the shh…they’re the bomb!!” – Austin Dillon about his crew when asked how it felt to be in Victory Lane again in Las Vegas
  •  “Are you kidding me!?” – Trevor Bayne after winning the Daytona 500
  • “What did I tell you? It don’t matter how long you can draft, ‘cause it’s gunna be a Green-White-Checkered.” – Kyle Busch
  •   “I think when you look at our team; you have to say that the weak point is probably still the driver.” – Tony Stewart
  • "And I was like Whaaat?!" - Kyle Busch at the 2010 NASCAR CWTS banquet when asked about a banner
  • “You can’t be the nice guy, you can’t be the bad guy, and you can’t be the bully.” – Kevin Harvick



No comments:

Post a Comment