Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Turning Point

I feel like I should start off this post by apologizing.  I promised back in May that I would be writing all the time, but that apparently didn’t happen.  I’m not going to make excuses, my life was quite a bit busier than I thought it would be this summer – I got a job at GoPro Motorplex in Mooresville and work anywhere between 25-35 hours a week.  I’m the receptionist, so I answer the phone, answer any questions people might have, sell GoPro cameras and apparel, and assign people to their races.  In the grand scheme of things, it’s not a lot of hours, but the last thing I want to do when I get home at 9:30 at night is sit down and write an article.  I work weekends, so I don’t usually get to watch the races, which makes it extremely difficult to write articles about anything pertaining to the races.

The next few weeks mark a big change in my life.  As many of you know, I attended High Point University last year, but after taking a lot into consideration, I’m now enrolled at UNC Charlotte starting next week.  I absolutely loved High Point, but I ultimately had to make the decision to move to UNCC because of the ability to get internships.  In the end, my future career is the most important thing to me, so I have to do what is right for that.  I know that I’m making the right decision and I’m looking forward to seeing how I grow as a person in the next three years. 

Thank you all for having patience with the lack of articles!  I won't be making any promises that I’ll be posting a certain number of times a week, but I’m most certainly going to devote at least an hour each week to writing and posting an article. 


No comments:

Post a Comment