Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving


It's the time of year in which everyone realizes what they're thankful for, and each year repeatedly, I'm grateful for my family, friends, and good health; however, this year, I have more to be grateful for.  After Hurricane Sandy, I realized what truly has meaning to me; it's not a laptop, an iPhone, or even my school uniform (even though it's extremely important), it's life itself.  Once looking at the destruction of my house and neighborhood and seeing how many people died and were seriously injured, it made me truly grateful for the remaining possessions we have, because sooner or later, I'll have a house to go back to and my parents and I are still alive.  So this year, instead of using the generic, "I'm thankful for my family, friends, and good health," I can elaborate on that idea and explain why I feel that way.

In addition to being thankful for those personal reasons, I'm enormously grateful for all of you - my loyal readers and NASCAR friends.  Whether you've been there since day one or not, I'm thankful for all of you.  Without all of your support, encouragement, and friendship, there would be no NASCAR Corner.  So many of you have reached out to my parents and I during this difficult time - whether it be with thoughts and prayers or offering to come and help us rebuild our home - and each and every one of you have touched our lives and made us realized why the NASCAR community is really like a family. 

If you're in the United States and celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope you have a blessed holiday, and for my international readers, I hope you just have a great day!  Thank you for all you do for me, whether you realize it or not. 

- Ashley Schindler 
  Founder of The NASCAR Corner

No comments:

Post a Comment