Sunday, August 30, 2015

The End of an Era


I’ve grown up quite a bit over the last five years. When I started this blog, I was fifteen and unsure of myself; I knew I wanted to work in NASCAR, but wasn't sure of what I wanted to do. I considered Public Relations for a brief period of time, but it wasn't the right career path for me, so when broadcasting fell into my lap, it excited me and I was more than one hundred percent sure that it was exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. 

I’ve met some truly great people over the last few years and have had the privilege of doing things many NASCAR fans can only dream of, and for that I will always be grateful. At 20, I can say that I’ve been a passenger in a race car, been a credentialed media member, had hot passes, became friends with drivers and crew members, and have enjoyed these last five years more than I could have ever imagined. 

I did a lot of soul searching over the last year and spent quite a long time trying to convince myself
that becoming a pit reporter was the thing I wanted, but, in the end, it wasn’t.  I needed to find a new career path. 

After spending countless days and nights tirelessly looking through all the career options for a Mass Media major, I stumbled upon Media Director and it immediately piqued my interest.  I think it would be a good fit for me and allows for career advancement, which is important.  Who knows, I may end up being the Media Director for NASCAR, only time will tell.  

Here are my social media links for you all to keep in contact with me:


Thank you all for your readership over the last five years, it has meant so much to me! You all have allowed me to do some great things in life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment